Standard and Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions
Customer means the person or company that purchases or uses ELT Products or Services.
Products means the nature of goods that ELT provides for the purchase and use of the Customer.
Services means the nature of services that ELT provides for the purchase or use of the Customer.
Extended Warranty is used when Customer wishes to purchase additional warranty coverage from ELT to warrant the goods or services purchased for a longer period than standard warranty period.
Standard Warranty Period means standard warranty period the product or services is already delivered with at no additional expense.
Website or Online Store means an online platform available at www.eltled.com.au to conduct purchases of ELT Products or Services.
Physical Store means a shop or a trade center located at a physical address designated for the sales of ELT Products or Services.
Conditions of Sale and Warranties
- These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between the Customer and ELT Pty Ltd. When purchasing ELT products or services via online at www.eltled.com.au every product will have link available to the Terms and Conditions located below the product specifications, therefore by purchasing products, ELT will assume Customer has read and understood ELT terms of sale and warranty conditions.
- These terms and conditions apply to Standard and Extended Warranties of Products purchased from ELT. In the event that Customer have a warranty claim in respect of a Product delivered within Australia, Customer will be asked to return the relevant Product to ELT.
- In circumstances where physical person is not available for the Warranty replacement purposes to collect the damaged or exchangeable Products, the Customer must either deliver the products to the nearest ELT centre or ship the Products via registered mail where any associated will be payable by the Customer and any such fees will not be refundable to the customer.
- Failure to return the damaged or exchangeable Products will result to warranty claim denial by ELT. The Products Customer orders on the ELT website are offered and supplied by ELT and, or by its suppliers, therefore Product labelling or information may vary from time to time, however the warranty conditions will apply to all Products purchased from ELT Website or Physical Store.
- Customer must keep the original copy of the purchase receipt for the duration of the warranty period.
Any Products replaced under the Warranty due to being faulty, damaged, or incorrect will be delivered to the Customer at free of charge. ELT does NOT provide refunds for change of mind or wrong decision. Customer can choose between exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product purchased on ELT website.
Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, ELT agrees to repair or replace the Product which it supplied to Customer, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with ELT specifications being subject to industry and electrical standards during:
(i) the standard warranty period of 12 months; or
(i) the applicable Extended Warranty period, commencing on the date of delivery of the Product. Where there is no proof of delivery, this date will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dispatch
- Proof of purchase (invoice or paid order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties.
- ELT requires any Customer requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties to comply with directions from ELT staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
- If the Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to ELT via
www.eltled.com.au before the Product will be repaired or replaced. Customer must report the damages to ELT within 5 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 5 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty.
- Where a replacement is provided, ELT will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the current range of Products offered at the time, which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable selection of ELT. Due to availability of new parts, ELT may replace parts with refurbished parts.
- Replacement of the Product or a part under the Standard Warranty or Extended warranty does not extend or restart the Standard Warranty or Extended Warranty period.
- If any Products are not repairable or replaced due to obsolesce or availability, customer will be provided with credit or may be refunded the price of the Product whichever the case subject to ELT discretion. This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated shipping or delivery cost.
- ELT reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
- ELT may seek financial compensation for any shipping or repair costs incurred by ELT where the Product is found to be used incorrectly, installed incorrectly, modified later after installation, water damaged after the installation, caused malicious damage.
- The Standard and Extended Warranties are transferrable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from ELT. Transfer is only valid if ELT is informed about the changes in home ownership. The changes can be applied by contacting ELT either via email contact phone number.
Extending Product Warranty
- Extended Warranties are available for purchase for some Products and can be arranged by contacting ELT via email or contact phone.
To the full extent permitted by law, the Standard or Extended Warranty will NOT apply in respect of a Product, if the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with;
(i) The manufacturer’s instructions or specifications provided with the Product;
(ii) Factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product;
(iii) Damage, malfunction or failure resulted from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, voltage supply problems, tampering with by unauthorised repairer or by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product;
(iv) A damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions;
(v) To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer;